Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Bump in Pubic Region

CaneHog - Thu May 12, 2005 6:35 am

Ok this is kind of wierd so bare with me. This is also my first post on here. I am a male and have been shaving my pubic region for three years. I have had a large red bump appear on the left side of the penis shaft and it has been there for about two months. It location is in what i commonly like to call the penis sideburns, so im hoping it is an ingrown hair. Is this a possiblity since it has been like two months.
I am not really worried about an STD since i have been with my girlfriend for 5 years, since grade school, and are both free of diseases in that catagory.

What in the world could this be and what could i do to get rid of it? How can i tell if its just an ingrown hair?

Thanks
CaneHog
 CaneHog - Thu May 12, 2005 9:44 am

Should I pop this thing like a pimple and see what happens? I'm sure it will hurt but if that is what needs to be done.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us