Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Brown Vaginal Discharge

Yooneeek1 - Fri May 13, 2005 11:40 am

Hello. I have been on birth control for about 4 years now. I'm supposed to get my period in a couple of days and for the past week i have had brown vaginal discharge. I haven't missed any pills or taken any late and been having unprotected sex for the past 4 years and this has never happened. I feel like i'm going to get my period like i do every month but i'm very worried. Could i be pregnant ? Could this be the symptom of an STD ? Could this be caused by the birth control ?
HELP
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri May 13, 2005 4:40 pm

User avatar You are spotting, it's normal to get that before your period. Diet, stress, all kinds of things can affect your period, even on hormonal contraceptives. If it happens more frequently, or is bothersome or you have pain with it or miss a period, call your GYN.