Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Need help becoming pregnant. Want to use clomid w/HCG inj.

Melissa2sweet - Sun May 15, 2005 9:43 am

Is it possible that my right ovary does most(or all) the ovulating because I have no right tube. Does clomid stimulate both ovaries at the same time?
 Feathers - Wed May 18, 2005 4:27 am

Hi there,

I am not a doctor but I do have a modest medical background, plus, more significantly,
I was an infertility patient at a major infertility center in Southern California, USA,
for several years before becoming pregnant and giving birth to a healthy baby girl in
2000. Therefore I wouldl like to give you my opinion re your questions and then refer you
to the website for the center that I went to. Their website, I believe, has a question and
answer section and they may be able to email with you or even answer a few ofyour
questions by phone.
First of all, one of the several factors that impacted my fertility was the fact that both of
my tubes were blocked, partly because they were scarred by a former episode of
chlamydia, which I had suffered years before and was not even aware of!!
(Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease and one can easily be tested for it.)
I have a bit of knowledge re clomid and tubes, and basically, I can tell you that it is
likely that the clomid will stimulate both of your ovaries, regardless of your tubes.
However, if you have only one tube, that may make it take a bit longer for you to
become pregnant, and you definitely will need to tell an infertility specialist about this.
If you are in your mid-thirties or older, and regardless of whether you are using high
technology or simply trying to become pregnant via sex with a partner, it is critical that
you consult with an infertility specialist immediately (not just a regular doctor or a
regular gynecologist). Time is especially of the essence for anyone past the early
thirties, and for anyone with a problem such as yours.
In my case, I eventually had both of my tubes removed PRIOR to undergoing IVF
(in vitro fertilization) and becoming pregnant, this due to the fact that the scarred tubes
were spilling out fluid and were actually intefering with successful IVF. For anyone who
does not know, IVF involves the conception of embryos in a laboratory dish, then the
implantation of them into the woman's uterus.
I highly suggest that you contact the following clinic, either to consider becoming a
client with them (they have many "long distance" clients) or to obtain a referral to
an infertility clinic near you. You may decide to at least get your initial consultation
and hormone tests/blood tests done via this clinic: Huntington Reproductive
Center, Pasadena, California, USA. Telephone: 626-440-9161. They have
excellent doctors and offices in Pasadena and other cities in Southern California.
My doctor, John Wilcox, has a very high success rate and also is very caring and
compassionate with all of the clients.
Good Luck to you and feel free to let me know how it goes!
Lisa, lisashetler@yahoo.com