Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Swollen testical

 hamonrye - Mon May 16, 2005 2:58 pm

I woke up Sunday morning and had a severe pain in my left testical. I had not lifted anything heavy that day or some time soon. I am not sexually active and I don't know why it is. I'm feeling pain almost everytime I take a step or move to much. Any help would be very much appreciated.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 17, 2005 8:43 am

User avatar Hi hamonrye,
Any unusual testicle swelling and pain should be evaluated to rule out infection, testicular torsion, (twisting of the testicles), Varicocele (enlarged scrotal veins) etc.You should always see a doctor if you have sudden or severe pain or injury that causes swelling and pain that persists for more than a short amount of time. I would suggest an evaluation.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us