Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Penis Rash

 SteelCurtn75 - Tue May 17, 2005 5:09 pm

I am 17 years old and a virgin, but have had oral sex, I've been w/ the same girl for 3 years and haven't done anything with anyone but her. A few ago i noticed some redness just below the head of my penis and a slight burning when it would rub against my boxers. THen that went away and the next day the skin around it was very scaly and rough. Now it is still scaly but it's beginning to peel and itch.
 SteelCurtn75 - Tue May 17, 2005 5:23 pm

I forgot I also have some skin like flaking at the base of the penis in my pubic hair that itches, it almost looks like dandruff
 SteelCurtn75 - Wed May 18, 2005 5:04 am

Im a little concerned b/c I saw some messages were responded to that posted after I did, please just respond ASAP b/c I'm really worried about this and would rather not have to go to the doctor b/c I don't want to tell my parents about it :(
 MelissaRose - Fri May 20, 2005 3:29 am

I would get it checked by your family doctor. You can go and make an appoinment your self, its totally confidential. Or if you feel more comfortable then go to a walk in clinic. Good luck and I would refrain from any sexual activity until you have addressed the issue at hand. Mabye not touch your self as well. Oh and don't put any creams to relieve itchin or dryness unless prescribed by a physicain.
 Lisa K, RN - Sat May 21, 2005 9:21 am

User avatar Hello there,

I totally agree w/ MelissaRose .... you can definitely go see your doctor without your parents having to know, it would be totally confidential. If you want, you could also go to a nearby clinic.....they're not going to ever divulge to your parents that you've gone or why you're there, that's confidential information. And please don't feel embarassed or ashamed - doctors see all kinds of things, believe me!! - it's just so much better to have a doctor check this all out for you..........and let you know for sure what it is (don't worry, it isn't necessarily anything "bad") and let you know what you can do to treat it. The sooner you go, the better, too - don't put it off, hoping it will just "go away." And please, as MelissaRose also pointed out, refrain from any further "contact" down there........(masturbation, your girlfriend touching you down there/performing oral sex on you) until you've seen your doc. Make sure, too, that you wash your hands after handling it after peeing.

Let us know what the doc says.
 SteelCurtn75 - Sun May 22, 2005 11:02 pm

Turned out to be "very typica" jock itch
 billgoat231 - Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:58 pm

i too have the same did u get rid of it, i really don't want to go to the doctor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us