Question: Delayed Puberty

footballethic31 - Mon May 23, 2005 9:45 pm

Hello i am 15 years of age, and i believe i am expierencing delayed puberty. Around the age of 10 i started growing pubic hair. It grew it around the base of my penis. and about two inches around the base and quite thick, but in the five years since then i have had no penis growth, under 6 cm long and no testicle growth around 3 cm long. I have just a bit of armpit hair and just a bit of scrotum hair, it seems i hit puberty at a young age yet then it just stoped, i want to know if what i am going threough is delayed puberty and if their is anything i can take to fix it or if i am just and early starte and a late finisher. I asked my family if they were late bloomers and my father said that he was normal so no family history, and my older brother went through puberty when he was 14 and was finished by my age. I feel extremely umcomfortable during showers in gym class and i get picked on constantly. i will give you my timeline of growth so that maybe you can help me and give me a prediction on maybe when my penis will enlarge and other things that happend druing puberty

10 years old- public hairs develp around penis
11-14--- nothing except a little thickining of pubic hair
15 years old- Short ball sack hairs and small short armpit haris
penis is about 2.75 to 3 inches long and testicles are around 1.5 inches long

IF you can please tell me what i should expect in the near future and what is the problem with my develpment and what i can do to help

I am very confused and i need alot of help right now
thanks you
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 24, 2005 6:18 pm

User avatar Hi footballethic31,
Some young men and women develop at different rates. Do not be overly concerned (although I'm sure your peers are neither very considerate nor wise in their comments or actions) Please rest assured if you have had a medical exam and you are healthy otherwise you are most likely a "late finisher". You will continue to develop and mature for at least the next 2-3 years or so. If you have not been evaluated by a physician I would suggest you have your parents make an appointment just to assure all is well :)
 operatethedoctor - Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:13 pm

Hello, I am 18 years old and have a similar question.

Only recently have I started acquiring any hair at all, and I have little pubic hair above my penis and on my scrotum.

I went to the doctor the other day, and just as I thought, they said everything would be fine, don't worry as I have read would be the case over the internet in forums such as these. Well thats all great and all, but I feel as if I have missed out greatly on things that I have been waiting to do for years now, and my patience has worn thin.

Odds are I have no diseases, and suffer only from delayed puberty without any other "diseases." However, I simply do not care anymore.

How does someone go about getting hormone treatment to kickstart the process so that when I go off to college, I'll look like a normal 19 year old, and not a 13 year old prepubescant kid? I am getting a bone age done in a few days, but I really have lost interest even in my height, and I am only 5'5. I just want to be normal, I just want to be like all my freinds, and everybody in school. How do I go about this process?

Thanks in advance.
 confuzed - Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:20 pm

I am a 13years old. I have this odd bump on the shaft of my penis. Its like a purple colored. Its right on the top of the shaft direcly in the middle. I've had it as long as i can remember. I found nothing wrong or anything but its just there. I've had lots of physicals and stuff but the doctors never seem to notice. I'm pretty sure it could be a blood clott. Right underneath in the lump there is a discoloration. almosts a brownish. I'm going threw proberty and everything seems to be going good. Its the just that stupid lump. Nothing makes it go away. Im very confuzed. Please rspond as soon as possible :!:
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:58 pm

User avatar Hi confuzed,
If this area has persisted for that length of time, and there wasn't any concern expressed during any of your pysicals, nor has caused you any problems thus far, I would not be overly concerned.
 confuzed - Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:17 pm

ty, but could it be a blood clot, or could it be like a vien thats just packed really tight?
 smallville21021 - Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:48 pm

I am 15 and i have a small penis do i need to see the doctor cause i want to have sex my mind is ready but body is not
 wanna be norm - Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:13 am

can i please get a medical opionion
ok im 18 at the age of 13 i developed pubic hair not till the age of 16 to 16.5 did my voice start to change not much but did however i have yet too seen a change in my penis size, just like my username says i wanna be normal this problem has made me consider sucicide has made me depressed too where my weight yo yos im the only 18 yr old in my school that hasnt gone to a dance,party and has been afraid to talk to a girl because im afraid of what it will come too, now if anyone can help me out with this i would be deeply in debt too you
thank you
wanna be normal