Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain in testicles

 IcyScythe - Mon May 30, 2005 12:51 pm

For a week now I've had pain in my testicles... it usually appears when I'm lying down (on my back). If I'm sitting or standing I feel nothing. The pain isn't VERY bad, it feels like I just got kicked there 5 minutes before (guys, you know the feeling). It's more severe in my left testicle than my right one (the majority of the time, though it *does* "move" around a bit).

Rather constant too, after I've been lying down for a while it stays for a while regardless of my posture.There's a tiny bit of pain in my lower scrotum sometimes but not too bad. It's mostly my left testicle (and a bit in my right). No swelling at all visible, or redness. Don't feel any lumps. Urine is normal coloring. My penis doesn't hurt at all. Only medicine I'm on is Glucosamine Chondroitin pills (for my tendonitis-affected wrists... from too much guitar playing) and Nasonex (for my allergies).

I'm going to the doctor tommorow but I'm really worried and I wonder if I should go to the ER. I'd rather die than become a eunuch. I'm 17.

Thank you in advance. I'm extremely worried, please answer back soon!
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Mon May 30, 2005 2:03 pm

Good decision to visit a doc! Let's see what he says......there are a wide range of conditions that can cause that type of symptoms.
 Scrap - Tue May 31, 2005 8:51 pm

Hey bro im no where near a doctor, Buuuutt, i did date a nurse for 3 years :lol: and i had the same experience u had at the tender age of 23, what i found out from the VA doctors in Virginia was that i had a small sist in my left testicle, so i had a sonogram done on my scrotum and found out that i have "calcitation" I think is the correct term, something to do with calcium i know that and it shows up on the sonogram as little white specs everywhere within ur scrotum, its nothing serious as for now, but the doctor advised me to get checked anually as i get odler for cancer to develop. Its kinda bad and good news for ya, but hopefully its nothing in ur case

P.S. Sorry to hear that u can actually have a condition from playing too much guitar, but Rock on dude, hopefully thats how I'll go when im older.....from playing too much guitar 8)
 Derjerick2 - Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:25 am

I have a similar problem, please tell me what the doctor said. I am 16
 Stacy H, RN, RRT - Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Any pain in the testicles should be investigated immediately by a medical professional. Most likely caused by a recent but forgotten injury but safer to rule out something more serious such as cancer.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us