Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: missed period

babbasi - Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:00 pm

I got married last november and ever since then we have been trying to get pregnant. I do have irregular periods and whenever i do skip i take pregnancy test. And they all turn out negative. Now the problem is that i don't know when am i ovualuating.I am 28 years old,,,should i be worried about never having a baby?? You see I am also worried on my husbands behalf, because on his side his sister never had a child...so i am a little worried. Or is it too early to worry abt it?

worried,,,
Ben
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:46 am

User avatar Hi babbasi,
Generally speaking it is not considered a problem until approximately a year after trying to conceive and are unsuccessful. Have you had a gynecological exam? Did it reveal any anomalies? A couple of ways that may help you detect ovulation are monitoring your basal body temperature. Temperatures elevate slightly during your fertile times. Also watch for changes in cervical mucous. During ovulation cervical mucous becomes thinner "more slippery" sort of like eggwhites. Observing these things may assist you in trying to conceive :) Good Luck to you!
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us