Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Ooooh That Smell?!

bounce847 - Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:30 pm

Please help? I started a new job as an over-the-road truck driver two months ago. One month into it, I started smelling something that was making me physically ill. It's like nothing I've ever smelled before and very hard for me to describe, but it's almost a musty sour smell that becomes extremely overpowering at times. It's not limited to a specific location, rather it can be everywhere I go. My fiance (who works with me) cannot smell it and thinks I'm nuts.This leads me to believe that the problem is ME, and not necessarily the air around me. What can cause this? It's slowly ruining my life as I can no longer smell anything else except for this. Even food no longer tastes good. I've never heard of anyone else who had this problem and I'm absolutely baffled now. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:26 am

User avatar Hi bounce847,
Olfactory illusions or hallucinations are particular odors that you alone can smell and not noticed or sensed by anyone else. Disorders that may cause this are, certain auras experienced by people prior to a migraine or seizure, metabolic disorders, mineral/vitamin deficiencies, certain medications, chronic sinus infections, some psychiatric disorders, etc. I would suggest an evaluation by your physician to identify the cause.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us