Question: Is there sperm in "precum"???

tbsxroxx - Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:28 am

From most of the sexual health sites I have been to, I have read that there is NO SPERM in a males' precum, which makes sense, because it is clear and cum is a cloudy white color, which is the color of the sperm.

Those sites said there is NO SPERM in the precum, and that it is just meant to clean out the tube for sperm to later travel through.

And that the ONLY way there could be a small chance of sperm being in precum is that if a male has already ejaculated and has not urinated since then.

Can somone please tell me if this is true.

thanks
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:53 am

User avatar Not a word of it is true. There is no color of sperm - it is not visible to the naked eye.

There is plenty enough sperm to cause pregnancy, although obviously not as much as ejaculate. Best to use birth control.
 Kirsty_Oz - Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:11 am

absolutely untrue.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:18 am

User avatar Granted, there are some studies that negate this possibility, but it can contain sperm and cause pregnancy, otherwise, the withdrawl method of birth control would work every time if done properly. It also carries HIV and other STDs. Why take the chance?
 JC23 - Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:00 pm

is there a high chance of getting my girlfriend pregnant by precum even if we have used a condom after we had "started" right after her ovulation period