Question: Aching in testicles

George - Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:27 pm

I have recently been experiencing a dull pain in my testicles. It does not hurt but is noticeable. It will not be present when I awake in the morning. Comes and goes. This has been occurring daily for a few weeks now. With a testicular inspection there are no lumps and sensitivity is more present in the tube attached to the testicle than the actual testis. Very occasionally I also experience a sharp pain in the penis shaft. Never when urinating and it comes and goes very quickly. There is no discharge of any kind just a lingering dull sensation.

I am wondering if this is just my overactive hypochondria or something to worry about. Also, wondering about means of treatment if there is something wrong and costs associated since health insurance is up in the air at the current moment.

Thanks for any help and advice.

George
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:24 pm

User avatar George,
It seems that it could be a mild inflammation of the testicles or epididymis. Ofcourse it could also be a dozen other things. If it does'nt self resolve then you should be checked in order to reach a diagnosis.