Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Red Bumps under pubic hair(woman)

Yogibird - Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:52 am

Hi :roll:

I've been doing some research on the internet about red raised bumps above the vagina pubic bone, under the hair and never seem to find a clear answer. Maby you can help Well Im 24. I only have had one sextual partner. I've been having sex with him for about 2 years. Its great. One day I saw a small litte red bump on the inside of my thigh, of course i scrached it and it looked like this little bump filled with blood. So I though it sort of looks normal and it doesnt hurt. 2 months after I saw the same bump just were my pubic hairline starts from the belly....it didnt hurt and didnt bother me so I left it. Then another, then another.....i have like 8 now and none of them hurt. The other day one made a little scab and it came of(like a small bruse that is healing) .....and simularly to a pimple it started bleedling a little. After 2 minutes it stopped and when i feel the little bump over my panties I don't feel anything where as before I felt the little bump. So now Im thinking it might be a pimple. The others don't look like pimples though? I don't know. I have a medium fair skin and have 0 pimples on my face. But I have been going to the tanning salon often lately, but stopped about a month ago. My husband doesnt have any and he says he doesnt think it is serious but if it bothers me i should go check it out. Im immigrating so I don't have any medical back up and it will cost me a lot just to see the doctor about small little bumps that mean nothing. I wanted to send you pictures but but there is no where I can upload it. What can you tell me. Doesnt itch. Doensnt pus. Doesnt burn. Its just there. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would truely appretiate your help. Regards Yogibird
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:08 pm

User avatar Hi!

Either way, I do not believe you have anything to worry acutely, until your immigrant status proceeds to allow you medical benifits. The probable cause of your bumps could be many, of which, the salient ones are mentioned here.

****Genital warts or Condyloma acuminatum:

This is a viral disease (Human Papilloma Virus, HPV) spread by sexual contact. The highest rates of genital HPV infection are found in sexually active women younger than 25 years, even after correcting for the number of lifetime sexual partners. It is often NOT symptomatic.

Patients who present with condyloma acuminata do not necessarily need other laboratory studies; however, patients who are diagnosed with condyloma are at an increased risk for other sexually transmitted diseases. Consider testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV if you doubt so. You will also need a Papanicolaou (Pap) test of the cervix if a Pap test has not been performed in the last 12 months. This test is nothing but a mild scraping of cells from the cervix to check for more morbid pathologies.

For most patients, medical therapy should be the first option. The different medical treatment modalities can by performed in the physician's office or at home. Morbidity is low. Surgery should be reserved to treat condyloma resistant to medical therapy. Most patients should not need surgical therapy unless the condylomatous lesions are too large to treat medically or if the lesions would interfere with an abdominal delivery.

Because genital warts are sexually transmitted, the risk of acquiring HPV primarily is dependent on several factors related to sexual activity. These factors include the number of sexual partners, frequency of sexual intercourse, and the presence of genital warts on the sexual partners. Latex condoms offer some, but not complete, protection in the transmission of HPV. Women should avoid skin-to-skin contact with partners if genital warts are visible

The major complication from exposure of the vulva, vagina, or cervix to HPV is the development of dysplasia, which could be called the microscopic sign of impending cancer. But, this again would depend on the type of the virus involved.

The prognosis of immunocompetent women diagnosed with condyloma acuminata is excellent. HPV infections are transient in the vast majority of these women. Unless the woman constantly is exposed to different HPV types, the infection eventually abates when the host immune system stops viral replication.

****Molluscum contagiosum:

This is another viral disease, which is self-limited in immunocompetent individuals, with no long-term complications or sequelae. Affected adults who are otherwise healthy uniformly are sexually active but may not know that their partners are affected.
Having multiple sexual partners increases the risk of infection; the frequency of unprotected sex increases the risk of transmission.

The incidence in men reportedly is greater than in women.

In adults who are immunocompetent, lesions usually are found on the genitalia, lower abdomen, inner upper thighs, and/or buttocks. The average duration of an untreated lesion is 6-9 months but may be as long as 5 years.

The course of MC usually is self-limited, and lesions generally heal without scarring.

Intervention may be indicated if lesions persist. Therapeutic modalities include topical application of a variety of medications, radiation therapy, and/or surgery. Each technique might result in scarring or postinflammatory pigmentary changes. Frequently, multiple treatment sessions are necessary due to recurrence of treated lesions and/or the appearance of new lesions by autoinoculation. The benefit of therapy must exceed the risk.

****
At the end of the day, it would be your dermatologist who will decide upon your diagnosis and management. Meanwhile, I hope this mail has helped to allay any fear.

Bye!

-Bill
 carladatgirl - Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:03 pm

to everyone

i am a 16 year old 11th grader and i been with the same guy for four years and i lost my virginity to him. he said that he was a virgen and once after i had sex with him i got these red itchy bumps on the top of my vagina and they look like pimples. i pop them and white stuff comes out of it and then it bleeds. i would really like to know what it is so if anyone out here knows then please help me out. please i neede your help really bad.