Question: condom use

maybaby - Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:39 am

My partner and I are having trouble with condom use. We are currently using trojan-enz with spermicidal lubricant, but we have tried other brands and styles as well. When his penis hardens and he applies the condom before intercourse, it does not roll smoothly down his penis as it should. He has to pull and stretch the condom over the head of his penis and it is often a struggle to get the latex all the way down the shaft to the base; there end up being folds of the latex on his penis. We both know the proper way to put on a condom, but it simply does not work that easily. Though we are monogomous, I have had other partners in the past and this was never a problem. His penis is large, but could it's size be causing this problem? Could the thickness of his penis prevent the condom from rolling down the shaft? Also, our condoms break during sex, somewhere between occassionally and frequently. I realize that this could be a result of the condom trouble, but it is beginning to make me very nervous. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:28 pm

User avatar There are extra large condoms available; these are obviously too small.

The chance of a condom tearing is extremely rare if used properly; they are all tested and stretched individually to eliminate defective ones before packaged and sold. He is leaving a reservior at the tip isn't he?

Condoms with spermicide can make them a bit more slippery on the penis, though, try using a vaginal spermicide instead. :D