Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: testes retracting

niallw70 - Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:58 pm

Hi im a keen runner and cyclist. Im 34 yr old and during the last 6 months have been getting a problem with my gonads retracting up inside my body, after a hard session running or cycling.

The problem first occured in a cycle in cold weather, i put it down to the cold and wearing a particular type of cycle shorts which may be slightly too small for me. Ive not worn them since but this problem now affects me quite frequently not just in cycling but running too.

It doesnt really cause any pain, just a bit of discomfort. When i finish my session, to return my chappies to thier rightful place i gently apply some pressure to the areas either side of my penis to 'pop' them back into my scrotum.

Any suggestions, ive got an appointment to see my Gp about this, but im not expecting to find a miracle solution, it may be something ive just got to live with.
 drerwin - Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:26 pm

sperm has to be a few degrees warmer therefore your balls will retract if the temperature is too cold outside. Even so this may be the case, you may have an inguinal hernia..see your dr

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us