Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Persistant Sexual Arousal

Everafter - Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:33 pm

I have been experiencing Persistant Sexual arousal for a few months now. I am seeing someone who is attempting to treat me for Pudendal Nerve entrapment. This condition is horrible and I know it is very rare. I am on a support group with women who have this problem and there is 80 of us in the group. I need to say that this condition is not Psychological and not what you would call 'sex drive' or 'libido'. It is a problem in the gentials only and becomes very uncomfortable and debilitating at times. It is basically the COMPLETE opposite of orgasmic/arousal disorder for women, in that there is TOO MUCh sensation down there, and it is not cleared with orgasm, in fact, orgasm can make the arousal worse. Alot of us think it is a nerve problem and I personally think I have Pudendal nerve entrapment as do a few other women. One has been treated for it and she is fine now. Alot of the women have gotten this awful problem after withdrawl from an SSRI. I have been reading up about female arousal and all the dynamics of this like blood flow, nerves etc which neurotransmitters control what in this region and am trying to figure out what has gone so wrong. I was wondering what your opinion on this matter is, and perhaps you can explain the dynamics of this area, like how arousal works and what could be possible causes or what could of gone hyperactive down there or something to cause this. I know it must have something to do with nerve endings going crazy and too much blood flow. It is the most awful distracting problem in the whole world and it actualy puts you off sex cos you don't want to stimulate something that feels already over-stimulated. At times it feels like I am on verge of orgasm without any stimulation, like I said its horrible and is only just being recognised as a medical condition. It takes over your life.

thanks
Helen
 glowhite - Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:08 am

I began suffering from persistant sexual arousal about 6 days ago. I am a 52 year old woman recovering from a West Nile Virus infection in Aug 05. I have been having all sorts of aches and pains in legs, arms and back. I'm extremely tired all the time. I recently (Janurary 12) had a colonoscopy done for hemmorids and three were banned. After the colonoscopy I had terrible pain in my rectum and vagina. The pain in my vagina has ceased but I still have rectum pain just before and after bowl movements. I called the neurologist that is currently seeking to find the cause of the continued muscle pain and tiredness, plus dizziness and blurred vision that has continued since Aug 05. She stated she doesn't know why this is happening, asked if I was feeling manic (I am not mentally ill) and suggested I take three lorazapam's daily. I called the colonoscopy doctor to ask if this could be related to the banning he did, and am awaiting a return call from him. I also called a gynocologist and made an appointment.
The only information I could find online about Persistant Sexual Arousal was an article by a Sandra R. Leiblum, PhD with Sharon G. Nathan, PhD. In this article they sited that this is a new problem with no known exact cause. Some of the treatments that physicans used to treat various women, case histories, and outcomes. It points out the difference between Persistant Sexual Arousal Syndrome "PSAS" and hypersexuality. It says and I quote "The prevelance of PSAS is unknown, though it may be more common than supported because many women may be too embarrassed to report the complaint to their pysicians. As indicated, the authors have spoken with some affected women who are not troubled by the feelings of spontaneous arousal, except when they persist unabated for weeks. Physician inquiry can be helpful in identifying the prevalence of this phenomenon and validating the patient's experience as genuine, disturbing, and not "all in her head". Such complaints must be taken seriously if physicians are to identify the causes, sustaining factors, and therapies for this perplexing problem."

I had read another article, can't recall who wrote it, but it talks about the use of a chemical to cause cows to come into heat and that the chemical may be getting into the dairy products we are consuming. So, I am going to stop all diary for awhile. And just when we women were increasing dairy in our diets to fight osteoporisis.

I don't know what caused this, but it is driving me crazy. At first I tried to masturbate, but that didn't help. Nothing seems to calm the feeling that I am on the verge of an orgasim constantly. My breathing and heart rate are increased and my legs feel weak. It is very distracting, and uncomfortable. The only time it's not bothering me is when I'm sleeping, and now that I'm taking the lorazepam 3x's a day, I'm doing a lot more sleeping than before, but I seriously doubt that this is something I can keep up with. There has to be an answer out there somewhere. If anyone has any information, please pass it on.

Thank you,
glowhite
 femalehelpinghand - Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:25 pm

I am a female age 69 in May, hyster at 43, altenol, altace,zocor 25 mg. zoloft, hydroch.(water pill). Happily married for 47 years to a man I adore. Sex life fantastic. Sex probably at least 12 times a week for 45 minute each time to 1 hour. In May of this year on a vacation during a wonderful sexual encounter with my husband I ejaculated. I had never done this before. It was wonderful. I was scared and thought this was peeing. After I did this a few more time trying to hold it back I went to OB-GYN. They treated my for incontient not believing that a female of my age could ejculate. Sent me to an Urologist. To make matters short I was told to hold the urine in using the kegal muscles instead of letting it out. All this time I wanted to ejaculate and this did hurt holding it in. I ejaculate between one quarter cup to one half cup each time. Soak the bed. THis has nothing to do with my problem. I remained sexual and sexually alive with my husband. Became hotter each day and more uninhibited and just such a change in me. Finally I did have a doctor whom I talked to long distance that said I could be ejaculating. With that I let it lose and what wonderful pleasures. This has been going on since it started but really much now. In September I started taking estring vaginally because of the soreness from too much sex. This has helped a lot and have it put in every three months by GYN. I have noticed starting in June and getting stronger that in the area of my G-Spot it is so highly aroused and needs either manually stimulation, by my husband or a vibrator. This has gotten stronger. I, in the morning look forward to spooning with my husband as the friction of his penis against my G-Spot will send me to the stars. I need this like I need water. During the day at least 10 to 12 I feel the desire for his penis in me and would love it. I give him oral sex a lot and enjoy everyting about sex. I have changed to such a erotic, animal like and uninhibited, sexual woman since this happened and continue like this. My husband adores this. Being as sexual as I am I have been able to completely change him since July (this took me a good two months) off Viagra and my manual stimulation of his penis plus oral both morning and night have turned him completely around so that he can have sex sometimes three times in a day and is able to govern when he ejaculates. I am this sexual I can do this. My question being Do I have Persistant Sexual Arousal?
I am sorry for the long letter but had to bring everything out.