Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Bruised Penis

 sam7269 - Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:16 pm

I am 34 yrs old, during intercourse with my wife I bruised my penis, there are no external signs of brusing or hematomas, I have no problems getting an erection or orgasm, but my penis still hurts a lot it has been more than two weeks and there is no change in the situation. Should I consult a physician, and if yes what specialty, or is this normal and I should let it take its course.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:55 pm

User avatar It doesn't sound like a penile fracture, but you shouldn't be having pain for this long. You should see a GU (genitourinary MD) quickly to make sure no damage was done.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us