Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Low sex drive yet still having sexual dreams

al_frank2000 - Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:34 pm

I'm a 38 year old male who has had a low interest in sex for about a year, on top of that I'm experiencing problems with erectile dysfunction either from the prescriptions i'm taking or low testosterone (undiagnosed). I'm a bit concerned because I can't have sex with my wife, yet for about 2 weeks have been having sexual dreams. I wake up with half an erection. How can I have a low sex drive, yet still experience vivid sexual dreams, and why is this occuring all of a sudden. Any help is appreciated.
 Najah - Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:57 pm

you did not mention any thing about your psychological state which adversely affect the xual desire and whether you are diabetc ,hypertensive or not and what drugs you are taking.Although the presence of nocturnal erections goes with psychological causes of impotence ,you need to consult your doctor for investigations.
 ices30 - Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:21 am

i am a 30 year old woman and my sex drive is very low i don't have no kind of desire what so ever its been like this for about 12 years now after i had my 2 kids is there anything i can do please help thanks.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us