Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: A pimple on my penis

goodnghtlove - Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:11 am

I noticed a pimple looking object on the side of my penis. I do sweat a lot because I'm in drumline. Could it just be a pimple because of sweat, or is this an STD? I do have oral and protected sex. The people I had sex with were virgins. It shrank in size since I noticed.

Thanks
 dlugose - Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:59 pm

Pimples do occur on the penis, as well as practically anywhere on the skin. Whether it was a pimple is hard to say for sure. Did it resemble other pimples you have had? Do you get pimples in areas other than your face sometimes? It could be an STD; but you might decide the odds are very low. You say your partners were virgins ... or so they say. Still they may have gotten a STD from another means. Read an article on all the risk factors for STDs. For example, reused hypodermic needles. It just takes one contact with someone who took an inappropriate risk. Perhaps a friend says she is a virgin, but she has engaged in oral sex. All things considered, you might feel safer with some tests for STD's. If you think STD's are very unlikely, another way of being tested is to donate blood... but answer their questions truthfully when you are screened for a donation.
 ertasdcvb - Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:43 pm

I have been sexually active with the same person for over a year now and she was a virgin. I just noticed a hard spot on the side of my penis, I squeezed it and it came out like a blackhead. However now it is very swullen like a pimps looking like it could be popped but I tried to pop it and it won't go away. It has been there the past 2 days. What is it adn why would it happen now?
 asad123 - Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:03 am

I have a pimple on the side of my penis and I am not sexually active. Should I be worried?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us