Question: Inability to orgasm

amandamh10 - Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:47 pm

My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for about 8 months, and in this time he has never been able to orgasm more than once in a day...sometimes not even every other day. We are both in our early 20's, and when he was born premature he had cryptorchidism with one testicle. I find his inability to not orgasm sometimes very odd, for a previous boyfriend of mine had no problem orgasming 2 to 3 times a day. Could his cryptorchidism as a newborn be to blame or what is the deal?!
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:45 am

User avatar Do you know if he masturbates face down, rubbing his penis against the bed or a pillow, etc.? This is the main cause of inability to orgasm, almost every male who practices this will have the inability and sometimes even trouble with erections.
 heybuddy - Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:16 pm

im guessing i have the same problem as her boyfriend

i used to ejactulate rubbing my penis againts the bed

will this damage me forever?

or just when i stop
 heybuddy - Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:17 pm

please reply asap i am really in need of assistance soon
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:49 am

User avatar You have to stop permanently and learn to masturbate the convential way. There is very rarely any physical damage, unless you have been very rough over years. Once you relearn how to masturbate, your chances of recovering your normal sexual functioning are excellent.
 brat_princess - Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:21 pm

can this happen for girls too? is it harder for girls to fix it?? how long does it usually take before you can orgasm regularly?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:34 pm

User avatar Many women have trouble with orgasm, particularly through penile penetration only. It is not something that just matures or "corrects itself" naturally. But, as you mature sexually with your partner and explore your bodies together, you may be able to find ways that work for you, either through direct clitoral stimulation or with the help of toys designed for that purpose. With practice, time, and emotional preparation that sets the mood for you, you may learn to achieve orgasm in time. A large percentage of women never do achieve orgasm in the "conventional" way but they have satisfying and enjoyable sexual experiences, so don't worry about being abnormal - it's just a difference in individuals. But, again, it is not necessarily a lifelong problem. You may be able to reach the point where you are successful. Try not to dwell too much on it so that you can enjoy the sexual experience without feeling pressure to orgasm. This is part of the psychological element I refer to. Good luck.
 brat_princess - Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:41 am

Shannon Morgan, CMA wrote:You have to stop permanently and learn to masturbate the convential way. There is very rarely any physical damage, unless you have been very rough over years. Once you relearn how to masturbate, your chances of recovering your normal sexual functioning are excellent.

what i mean is, if a girl masturbates face down like that and can orgasm that way, will that make her unable to orgasm during sex?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:19 pm

User avatar I have never heard of this problem in women. I would be very doubtful that this would result in being unable to orgasm during sex. That's not to say you may not have trouble with it; just that it is unlikely to have been caused by the masturbation.