Question: Ejaculation

frodo skywalker - Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:43 am

I am 23, recently married with no current health problems.I have no trouble with getting an erection or maintaining it.I do have a problem though with ejaculating.It seems to take forever for sperm to come and some times I can't produce at all.I underwent surgery 6 years ago for a hydroseal problem but I was informed that it was succesful.I also masturbated frequently in my teens.If someone could explain this or come up with a solution I would be eternally grateful.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:44 am

User avatar How long ago did it start? How long after the surgery was it?

So you do have orgasms, but only ejaculate sometimes? The frequent masturbation in your teens is irrelevant.
 frodo skywalker - Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:58 am

Thanks for replying.After recovering from the surgery I was still able to ejaculate.I didn't notice any problem until we were married. This makes me wonder if it is something else entirely.(I don't believe that it's an attraction issue as I am in love and very attracted to her).If you know of a solution please tell me, even a pill or some dietary change.All help is appreciated
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:52 am

User avatar Have you had sexual experience (intercourse) before you were married? Can you still ejaculate with masturbation?

It's sounds like orgasmic anejaculation, which is largely a problem with men who masturbate often and are fairly new to sex. If this is the case, the most likely cause is that you have become accustomed to a certain way of acheiving orgasm, and although sex is enjoyable and you are aroused, it is different from what you are used to, so it takes a long time and usually produces no ejaculate. Also, focusing in on having an orgasm will delay it further.

Psychosexual counseling is the method of treatment for this; there is no medicine for this problem.
 frodo skywalker - Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:19 am

Once again thank you for taking the time to reply.I intend on following your advice and seeking psychosexual counseling.I wonder if I could trouble you or another doctor for a reccomendation or a site where I can obtain names and offices.Thanks for your help and caring.This site is truly an amazing help.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:47 am

User avatar You're very welcome. :D

Since we don't know particular therapists in your area, you might try the local phone directory under therapists and ask for a sex therapist, or ask for a referral from that office; they may know of one in another office.

Best of luck to you.

Shannon
 frodo skywalker - Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:50 am

I received a referral from a friend who is a pyschologist.He told me to check out a website, http://www.ipgcounseling.com/home.html .So hopefully I can get this solved and move on to bigger and better things.Normally I would be paying for the amazing sevices supplied here. While I know it is voluntary I wonder if there is some charity or organization that I can donate to in gratitude?Possibly via this site?Either way carry on your fine work.