Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: red lesion on penis glans

 teejay - Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:51 am

I have some kind of red lesion or rash on the glans right beside the opening on my penis. It's flat and about a 1/4" in size. It doesn't hurt or have any kind of discharge. It doesn't hurt when I urinate but it sometimes gets irritated after ejaculation. I have never had sex, but i do masturbate. I'm am not circumsized and I can't fully retract my foreskin. What is this red lesion?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:31 am

User avatar Unfortunately teejay, I cannot exclude anything for you given the limitations of the internet as a medium for clinical diagnosis. It could be anything from a simple abrasion to any skin infection or neoplasm. If it isnt getting any better, I suggest you visit your physician for an examination.


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us