Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: bumps

problemgirl - Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:41 am

Hello, when i shave my pubic area i always get these red bumps all over, i was told to use antibacterial soap to clean right after i shave, well it don't work, i get all of these mostly on my bikini line and some around all over, i also get these festerd hairs my mom calls them all over and they leave really hidious scars now i don't/cant wear a bathing suit bc i look like a scard freak :oops: its really bad,. please help me :!: Thanks
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:16 am

Dear problemgirl,

It depends on the way you shave and the direction if you are using shavers. If you are waxing...don't use the same wax strip again...You have to be very clean and antiseptic about shaving because you have a very sensitive skin.

I advice you to go and ask a beauty center about the best method for you to shave.
Regarding the red bumps and festers...they're due to contamination...somehow your hair follicles get infection and that's why they get red and then form pus.

A beauty center can be more helpful than a dermatologist in your condition for long term management. But ,Yes, an antibacterial is very benificial for the bumps...just make sure you're using the appropriate one.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us