Question: Discouration of penis head

Tall man23 - Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:49 am

I woke up on the weekend to find a bruise-like discolouration on the head of my penis. It is not big in size and it starts at the slit on the penis head. The colour is similar to that of a briuse. Any idea what it could be?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:59 pm

Discoloration of the skin of the penis can result from several disorders. Common causes include a clogged pore either from sex, masturbation or even exercise. Another very common cause of discoloration is postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.

These are localized, macular, dark hyperpigmentation at site of a previous inflammation. They occur at any age and are a reaction to trauma (physical or chemical injury), skin irritation, or dermatoses. They maybe associated with an inflammation of skin because of underlying injury or condition at the initial time of occurance. They are not dangerous.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.