Question: adult with both undescended testicles

mrtroubled - Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:22 pm

Hi, i am 23 years old and i think i have BOTH undescended testicles. I have no trouble with having sex and i do have ejaculation (which looks fine). I am just clueless on what exactly my situation is. I do not have any pain in abdomen or so. I think it may be the case that they are not 'stuck' that high up. I do not want to go to a doctor as of yet, because i simply don't dare. I would first like to know through the internet. Please give advice, but please do not recommend me to go to a doctor, as I would have if I could. I will but only after I know more. Thank you.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:50 am

User avatar Is there a specific reason why you do not want to see a doctor about this?

The testicles should descend by at the latest one year of age. The risks of leaving them undescended are increased likelihood of cancer. Another drawback is itt is not able to be examined for lumps. It also can cause infertility, even with just one undescended testicle.

There is also a possibility they are not present at all. Testicular torsion can happen before a child is born; while in the uterus, there can be a "twisting" of the testicle which kills the tissue.

I highly recommend you do see a doctor about this.