Question: Unknown Spots On Penis

CN - Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:22 am

Hi, I am a 20 yr old male with some unknown problems with my penis. Basically, there are dark brown and black spots on my genitals, one on the foreskin, and a few irregualr shaped ones on the top and bottom of my shaft. Can anyone pls tell me what they may be and how do I get rid of them? I never had any form of sex before, penetration or oral so I dun think this is an STD. What kind of doctor/specialist do I look for? Its very embarrassing and I am afraid to see a doctor in case people find out, pls help me with this problem, thank you.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:05 pm

User avatar They are not uncommon, and are harmless, probably freckles. If you are still concerned, see a doctor to ease your mind; no one will find out except the doctor as medical records are confidential.
 CN - Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:27 am

thanks for yr prompt reply.. how do they develop and how do i get rid of them? i have never heard of freckles on this kind of area before, arent they supposed to be on the face only? even though they are harmless, they are extremely unsightly and makes me lose alot of sexual confidence. Also, i forgot to mention that there are pimples on the hood of the forehead of my gentials, it is ok? sry for all the qns, pls answer if you can!! i really appreciate it!!
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:59 am

User avatar Sorry for the delay - since you have no sexual history of any kind, it most likely isn't herpes, also since you didn't mention any itching or burning, they are most likely just pimples. They can and do occur on the penis. The freckles cannot be removed and they shouldn't be embarassing; it's a normal occurance.
 CN - Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:51 am

dun worry, i understand you are a volunteer, i am already happy that you are willing to help. hmm for the pimples is there anyway i can remove them? maybe not in the case of medicine or operation but in slowly changing lifestyle? however for the spots they seriously dun look like freckles so i am kinda worried. is it possible that i send to you the pictures of the spots or would you be uncomfortable? maybe you could refer me to any male doctor who doesnt mind? thanks very much!!
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:34 pm

User avatar There is really no way to eliminate the pimples; if you are very worried about these, you should see your doctor for an accurate diagnosis, if not just for your peace of mind.
 johnnyc - Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Yes this happened to me when I was a little over 40 (oh god!). Saw doc and sent to dermatologist (my friends uncle so good advive). Freckles 2-3 mm wide just appeared on the head on my penis (no where else). Was a worry for me at first but after seeing the dermatologist he diagnosed "Benign Penile Melanosis". Don't be worried with this name (he said not skin cancer, benign being the magic word), just get along to a doc and check. What I have here (which appeared nearly overnight) IS NOT A STD!!!!!! Where the girlfriends are concerned I recommend you educate yourself enough to explain or keep a letter from your doctor handy. Tell me later if you figure a better answer.