Question: Badly bruised penis / testicles / pubic area

IceMountain - Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:16 pm

This happened 4 nights ago. I am a 35 year old male, never had any sexual issues.

I was having some pretty intense intercourse with my ex-girlfriend, when all of a sudden my penis started ballooning in size. It didn't hurt, I just noticed it got very tight all of a sudden. I pulled out, and noticed that my penis was severely swollen, basically bruising up bigtime. No blood ever left my body, it was all inside the skin. Nothing was coming out of the tip. No signs of blood anywhere, except for a hugely ballooning penis shaft (which was still very erect, and gaining huge girth by the minute...).

We examined it, and found that sacs of liquid (blood, I'm assuming) were forming in the skin, all the way down to the start of the head (I am circumsized). (Nothing entered the head area, it remained normal size).

I freaked out, put ice on it, and eventually fell asleep. I wasn't worried since I was able to maintain an erection, and it did not hurt. By morning, the swelling was not bigger, but it had not gone down. I noticed I was also badly bruised in my pubic region (the area where the penis shaft meets the pubic region). I woke up with a large erection, so I was relieved things were "still working". After it went limp, my penis basically looked very deformed, and ballooned out (from the swelling and blood that had ran down the shaft on the inside).

I have put ice on it (the penis shaft, the testicles, and the pubic region) before falling asleep each night. The swelling is tremendously down, almost back to normal size. However, the color is horrendous. My entire penis is still extremely bruised in color (purplish/black color, although the swelling is down and the shaft is back to normal size). I also have this same extreme discoloration of a semi-circle in my pubic region, as well as most of my testicle sack.

I have not gone to a doctor. I have been able to get and maintain erections since then, with no further swelling. I have not attempted sex since then, however.

Everything seems to be in "working order" and getting "back to normal size", however I'm very concerned about the discoloration. Now I know that bruising pretty much takes awhile to discipate everywhere else on the body, I'm just wondering if it will take longer on the penis/testicle/pubic areas?

I'm really embarrassed about this - more than anything. It's more of a laugh between my ex-girlfriend and I now, I think it boosted her ego.. haha. But I am doing ok so it's ok to make light. Anyway, Does anyone have any advice?

NOTE: I also should say that I have had ZERO discoloration of urine - so nothing was bleeding in my urinary system, or anywhere in the urine tubes in the penis.

Thank you!

Black and Blue,
me
 IceMountain - Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:27 pm

anybody read this? Just wondering what blood vessel I could have busted.. because the swelling was enormous, within minutes.

It's been 8 days now, and most discoloration is gone, all swelling is pretty much gone, back to normal size... but I am still bruised in the pubic region, and still *slightly* discolored and discomforted on the penis and testicles. Not even close to what it was last week though.

I'm wondering what could have caused this. This wasn't really extreme rough sex.. It was normal, we were going with the flow, and boom, something broke.

thanks.