Question: Penile bleeding

2891 - Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:30 pm

Recently I had sex with my girlfriend and upon ejaculation we noticed blood in my semen (about 1/2 tsp). We are not quite sure if it was from my penis or could it have been from her because she had just stopped menstrating the day before. She used a douche before having innercourse. Also about a week ago I noticed a few drops (5) of blood one morning after urinating. What could this be from?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:56 am

User avatar Hi 2891,
Blood in ejaculation fluid may caused by a number of reasons. Have you had any pain with urination, ejaculation, tenderness in the scrotum, fever or chills? Blood in the semen may be related to for example, inflammation, infection, or any injury to the male reproductive tract. A urinalysis and culture should be completed to rule out any infection of the urinary tract. Also a semen culture/analysis would be recommended. If infection etc. is ruled out then an pelvic and scrotal ultrasound would be warranted to evaluate for inflammation etc. along the reproductive system. Call your physician for an evaluation.
 krstho - Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:34 pm

I have read all the other "blood in semen" posts and noticed mine seems a little different. I have had blood in my semen for about a month now and went to my urologyst(?) were he placed me under a lot of tests such as, going into my bladder with a camera, ultra sounds, regular testes exam, and determined that it was an infection. I have had anti-biotics for 7 days at a time( took twice each perscription was for 7 pills-one a day) and this has not cleared it. I noticed after sex prior to the medication, there was a lot of blood in me ejaculate and when i uninate after sex a lot of blood flushes before my urine and a couple of blood clots... this lasts fo every other time during intercouse... But when I wait a few days clear as a whistle than if my partner and I continue once a day... it starts up again. This is affecting my sexual drive and I am tired of going under painful tests to determine what seems to be guesses. Is there any other thing you may think of that I should do? i am only 23years old for crying out loud :(