Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Urgent Help! Bleeding?

pleasereplytome - Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:34 am

Hi there, im asking on behalf of my girlfriend...i am actually more worried than her.

The problem is, she has been on the pill for about 4 months, we have been sexually active, we've only ever had sexual experiences with each other, no history of STI's ect., everything has been fine.

Today, about 2 weeks into this months' pill cycle she had some bleeding, a reasonable amount, enough to cover her undies. She isn't meanth to get her period for another 2 weeks, we are really worried about what this could be!!

Espescially since we had sex 2 weeks ago, the night on which she took her FIRST pill of a cycle in the morning. I didn't know this was risky for possible pregnancy, but she then told me it is in the first 7 days of starting a new cycle of the pill.

Is this some sort of miscarriage?? Pregnancy related thing?? Help!

Please help us allay our fears, thankyou
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:30 am

User avatar Hi pleasereplytome,
It sounds like she may be experiencing breakthru bleeding which sometimes occurs with the use of birth control pills. If this should happen to continue I would suggest that she have an evaluation by her physician. She may need an adjustment in the dosage or another brand altogether.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us