Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Low sex drive due to anti depressants

Jezebel - Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:07 pm

Hi, I have tried all kinds of anti-depressants in the past and am currently on effexor. They all seem to do the same thing to me. I have no sex drive at all and cannot orgasm no matter what. I need some help. I don't want my love life with my husband to suffer just because I need these pills to feel better. Thanks
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:17 am

User avatar Talk to your doctor about Welbutrin if you haven't already tried it. It has no sexual side effects and is very effective against depression and smoking, too if you smoke.

All anitdepressants in the SSRI/SSNI class have the sexual side effect of reduced libido and trouble achieving orgasm, and unfortunately there is no prescription or supplement that will restore it.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us