Question: Any possible answers??

Bullwinkle - Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:19 am

My problem is.... An irritation on my penis that has lingered off and on for around a month, but more so now than ever. It is almost like a blister from dry rubbing too much while my gf was giving me hand, but I wouldn't think it would last this long. It has scabbed over a couple of times, but it almost didn't seem like a normal scab, kind of flakey. I sweat a lot and work outside and I don't think that my situation is giving my skin the chance to heal as it needs to. On top of that, the fact that the penis erects, then the majority of the time it is contracted... that kind of seems to me that it will never heal. If I masterbate it burns and is really uncomfortable. It got better this past week a good bit, but even before I woke up this morning when I was erect and I must have touched or rubbed while sleeping, I got the burning sensation as if I materbated (which I've only done 2 time since this whole thing started).

The situation #1..... I have never had intercourse but been as close as possible by thrusting between the legs near the top of the legs meet the femail genitalia, where there is some natural lube. Is it possible to get an STD from that even if my gf doesn't have any STD and if intercourse didn't take place? I've read a lot of STD problems and almost all of them talk about having white bumps or white irritation of some sort, but I have Not experienced that.

The situation #2.... Could this just be a blister from dry masterbation that has gotten worse because of not having much of an opportunity to be in a good environment to heal properly? This irritation is at the top of the shaft and just below the head. I've been cleaning and treating it with a q-tip of Hydrogen Peroxide to keep bacteria out and to keep it clean, along with neosporin. When I'm hope, since I live alone I've been wearing no shorts and trying to keep that area of my body dry. I did read on another post where a doctor said in a similar situation to not put any cream on it except for what a doctor perscribes, is this true even with Neosporin?

I'm really not wanting to go to the doctor about this but I will if this is what is recomended. I am really worried about this, I've never had anything like this before... never any penis problems, especially ones that are painful and embarassing.

Any suggestions out there???
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:31 pm

I hope you are feeling better by now. I am more inclined towards the second possibility. I would recommend that you do not apply anything to it without a doctors prescription. If it has healed and recurrs you should have it checked out.