Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: pubic hair

 Amygirl - Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:54 pm

ive been shaving my pussy now for a few years and sometimes i get ingrown hairs, red bumps that go away. but i was just wondering is there anything that i can put on it to keep down any breakout and or ingrown hairs :(
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:25 pm

User avatar Hi!

I am not yet clear as to what exactly you mean by an ingrown hair. But assuming some bumps caused by block or infection of the hair follicle, I would suggest using glycerine magsulfate solution taken on a piece of cotton, and somehow let it remain over the small bump for some time. The fluid inside the bump will be absorbed by the glycerine on the cotton. But if the bump does not begin to show any improvement within 2 days, or if there is pain and redness, or lymph node enlargement, or fever, it would be best to consult a doctor and get yourself treated with anti-inflamatory medications, and antibiotics if need be.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to clarify any more doubts regarding the same.

Warm regards,

- Bill
 Amygirl - Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:00 am

okies, so does this come in a cream or what? how do i get this solution to my problem. can you tell me that please?
 sisohel - Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:56 am

you can buy glycerine f& cotton from a local drug store and use them at home,
 Amygirl - Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:59 am

so okies, what do i do walk in to like cvs and ask for gyycerine magsulphate? i have no idea what that is or where to look for it. can you help me out here.
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:35 am

User avatar Hi!

Perhaps you would want to try this website:
Click here!
Warm regards,

- Bill
 Amygirl - Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 pm

well ok then there isnt a cream or something like that i can use to keep every smooth when i shave my pussy. i mean i don't have much break out but even a little bit doesnt look very good. im just asking and let me say you have been very helpful. i will do the y other if thats the only way.
 sisohel - Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:54 pm

I think it is a good idea to try using shaving creams which will easy your work.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us