Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Can you fall pregnant having intercourse on your period?

Mysterybird - Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:21 pm

My friend is in an awkward situation. She started her last period July20th and had unprotected sex with her lover on the 22nd. She since had sex with her long term partner on 23rd then on the 28th and 29th again unprotected. She felt she was ovulating on the 30th and is now pregnant. Is it possible she fell pregnant while on herr period or is it her long term partners?
 gweneth - Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:19 am

I think you ovulate 14 days before your period. I read that somewhere...is this true?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:25 am

User avatar Most women ovulate 14 days after their period, but every woman is different and ovulation time varies.
You can become pregnant on your period, but the chances of that happening are very slim. The only way to know for sure who she became pregnant by is to do a blood test after the baby is born.