Question: no desires!!

lovebites - Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:52 am

hi everyone my problem is that my husband is not ready at any time for any physical contact , he only is up on the weekends for intercourse.do u guys think its his stressful work that does not give him any emotions or feelings towards me or is there any kind of weakness in him cuz i know he wont share it with me..it will a year of our marriage next month but he has no intersts in sex, our sex life is not excititng at all.....please help, and if possible tell me a good referral of a doc that can help my husband in this manner..thanku all
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:28 am

User avatar First, he should see a doctor to rule out any physical problems. You didn't mention his age, but diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure, medications for blood pressure and antidepressants can also be a factor. If these do not apply, perhaps he needs a testosterone level done, many middle age men experience a reduction in testosterone levels, reducing their libido. Stress can very well be a factor in desire. It's not uncommon for people in general to be uninterested during the week if they have especially stressful jobs and/or work long hours.

Is it normal on the weekends? Do you have a routine that you follow? If so, changing things can add excitement and increase libido dramatically. Talk to your husband about what he would like, communication is the key.