Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: no desires!!

lovebites - Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:52 am

hi everyone my problem is that my husband is not ready at any time for any physical contact , he only is up on the weekends for intercourse.do u guys think its his stressful work that does not give him any emotions or feelings towards me or is there any kind of weakness in him cuz i know he wont share it with me..it will a year of our marriage next month but he has no intersts in sex, our sex life is not excititng at all.....please help, and if possible tell me a good referral of a doc that can help my husband in this manner..thanku all
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:28 am

User avatar First, he should see a doctor to rule out any physical problems. You didn't mention his age, but diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure, medications for blood pressure and antidepressants can also be a factor. If these do not apply, perhaps he needs a testosterone level done, many middle age men experience a reduction in testosterone levels, reducing their libido. Stress can very well be a factor in desire. It's not uncommon for people in general to be uninterested during the week if they have especially stressful jobs and/or work long hours.

Is it normal on the weekends? Do you have a routine that you follow? If so, changing things can add excitement and increase libido dramatically. Talk to your husband about what he would like, communication is the key.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us