Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: is there somthing wrong with me

keys000 - Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:51 pm

i am a 16 yr old male and i am 5ft 2 or 3 i have pubic hair and my voice has got a a bit deeper but i havent got a adams apple and also my penis is about 3-4" when i havent got an erection but when i have its 5-6" and its not very think i can ejaculate but is there something wrong with me??? kk
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:32 am

Hello Kk,

From your description, everything is fine physically, however, you haven't described if both your testes are descended or not (i.e. when you examine or palpate your scrotum, do you feel a ball or firm mass in each sac or not? This is another matter to consider). You are 16 years old and is still in the puberty stages of growth and development so there is still a chance that your hormones can get the job done. On the average, western people have a size 4-5 inches when not in the erected state and an average of 6-7 inches when in the erected state. For asians, it is around 3-4 inches when not erected and around 5-6 inches when having an erection.

What matters, most of all, is your ability to 'procreate' (i.e. are your sperms adequate enough for fertilization to take place?). Aside from that, according to most women, the size doesn't matter... it is the performance that counts the most.

M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us