Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: can i get pregnant after haveing tubes burned 11 years ago

sweetpea1217 - Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:46 pm

i had my tubes burnt 11 years ago, i was 21years old when i had it done,cause i was extemely fertil, my question is can a person get pregnant,are the failure rates higher after so long,i still ovulate cause i have the mucas once a month,ect...my periods are odd i went 6 months without it a few years ago, was not pregnant no cause found,now i have them every 28 days,but only for 3-5 days and i only where a panty liner,no cramps ect... last month me and my hubby had sex when i was not completely done,i started bleeding again then next day stopped completely, can any one help? thank-you for your time in reading this any info. would be appreciated. :?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:50 pm

User avatar Hi sweetpea1217,
The probablity of you being pregnant would be very unlikely. When tubal ligations are done and the tubes are "tied" only there is a chance that they may become untied. However, when they are cut, tied, "burned" the possibilities of pregnancy are next to impossible. In my opinion what you experienced was just that your cycle had not completely finished.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us