Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: small sexual injury!

francis - Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:28 pm

hi. just need a bit of help here please. basically, i was having sex with my girlfriend when my penis came out and one of her (fake) fingernails gave me a small cut on the head on my penis (i wasn't wearing a condom). there was a little blood, and a slight stinging, not very painful. though it has left a red/purple bruise and to be honest my girlfriend feels terrible about it. it has only just happened about half an hour ago. i washed it with cold water and a baby wipe. should i worry or will it be ok?? cheers!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:10 am

User avatar If you weren't wearing a condom, there is a chance of contracting an STD, so unless you are 100% sure your girlfriend has been tested and is clean, you need to get tested.
Other than that, since the skin was broken there is a chance for infection, so you need to keep the area clean and watch for signs of infection such as redness, swelling or discharge. Avoid having sex until the wound heals.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us