Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: small sexual injury!

francis - Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:28 pm

hi. just need a bit of help here please. basically, i was having sex with my girlfriend when my penis came out and one of her (fake) fingernails gave me a small cut on the head on my penis (i wasn't wearing a condom). there was a little blood, and a slight stinging, not very painful. though it has left a red/purple bruise and to be honest my girlfriend feels terrible about it. it has only just happened about half an hour ago. i washed it with cold water and a baby wipe. should i worry or will it be ok?? cheers!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:10 am

User avatar If you weren't wearing a condom, there is a chance of contracting an STD, so unless you are 100% sure your girlfriend has been tested and is clean, you need to get tested.
Other than that, since the skin was broken there is a chance for infection, so you need to keep the area clean and watch for signs of infection such as redness, swelling or discharge. Avoid having sex until the wound heals.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us