Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Identical odor from both me and my partner

BeautifulGarbage - Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:59 am

I noticed today that I have a foul vaginal odor, which washing/douching has not cured. My partner and I are both faithful to one another, so I was suprised when I smelled the exact same odor on his genitals when we haven't had sex in over a week. Does this mean we've communicated some kind of infection? I wonder, can men get yeast infections from their femal partners? Also, I just came off Depo-Provera last month, could this have anything to do with it? :?:
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:10 am

User avatar Men can carry yeast infections, and can transfer that to their partners, btu they rarely have symptoms themselves. When they do show symptoms, a foul smell isnt usually among them.
Comming off Depo wouldn't be the cause either, as the Depo is still active in your system since it has only been a month since you stopped.
Do either of you have any other symptoms other than the smell?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us