Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Identical odor from both me and my partner

BeautifulGarbage - Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:59 am

I noticed today that I have a foul vaginal odor, which washing/douching has not cured. My partner and I are both faithful to one another, so I was suprised when I smelled the exact same odor on his genitals when we haven't had sex in over a week. Does this mean we've communicated some kind of infection? I wonder, can men get yeast infections from their femal partners? Also, I just came off Depo-Provera last month, could this have anything to do with it? :?:
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:10 am

User avatar Men can carry yeast infections, and can transfer that to their partners, btu they rarely have symptoms themselves. When they do show symptoms, a foul smell isnt usually among them.
Comming off Depo wouldn't be the cause either, as the Depo is still active in your system since it has only been a month since you stopped.
Do either of you have any other symptoms other than the smell?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us