Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Ongoing Debilitating Pain In Testicles

 Curious2005 - Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:49 pm

My boyfriend has constant pain in his testicles.He's been to the doctor's numerous of times.He has no STD.Just constant pain.He c/o his penis shrinking.And after we have sex,the pain gets worse.Could this be a type of prostatitis?Doctor's can't seem to find the source of this horrible pain he is in.They recommended certain things for him to do,but they only work for the moment,and the pain comes back.PLease if you have any idea,anyone.Please give your opinions.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:12 am

User avatar Hello,

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion. Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

It would be very hard to tell over the internet. I hope you have this figured out.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us