Question: Burning when I urinate

SteelCurtn75 - Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:23 pm

I have a burning sensation in my penis whenever I urinate and I've read that it can be an infection and so on...
But what was unusual is I was masterbating w/ regular KY liquid and as soon as I began to use it, it burned a little, then it went away so I continued... I went to the bathroom immidiately afterwards and that's when it started burning (but it didn't at all before that) could I have gotten some of the KY in penis and if so will urinating flush it out?
 Derek H, RN - Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:03 pm

Hello.

From what you describe you may well have a slight allergy to the KY Jelly. If you have not experienced this burning sensation before during or after masturbation then this is a possibility.

As you say a burning sensation when you urinate is also a symptom of a urine infection but do you get frequency i.e do you find that you are passing urine more frequently than before. Best option is to go and see your doctor and hand in a urine sample to check for any evidence of infection and get this treated.

Good luck and best wishes.