Question: Re: Excessive Masturbation??

Kathleen12 - Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:42 pm

Is there such thing as excessive masturbation? What's considered normal and what's not? My husband does it once or twice a day, and he's 29. The thing that bothers me is that he has to go in our computer room and shut the door and lock it. I know he looks at naked pictures and he has looked at porn. Why does he have to do it in a locked room with the computer?? I know it's embarassing to do it with the door open, but why can't he go in the bathroom? I'm starting to feel like I'm being used now when we have sex. B/c if I don't want to have sex, he goes into the room and does it. I feel like he uses me for the release and that's it. I'm starting to think he has an internet/porn addiction. I don't know what to do. He's starting to understand that this can ruin our marriage finally and he doesn't go in there that much anymore. It just bothers me. Any suggestions?? Advice?? [/b]
 Derek H, RN - Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:56 pm

Hi there.

I wouldn't say that there was such a thing as excessive masturbation unless it was creating a medical problem. However from what yoy state in your post it sounds like you and your husband need to talk things through, he may very well be " addicted to the computer" but it obviously is causing problems within your marriage.

I feel that you would both benefit from either marriage guidance or sexual counselling from a professional. However this is something that you would have to approach your husband with very delicately, sit him down at a convenient time for both of you and gently explain how you feel. after all he may be using the internet as a fantasy but try to tell him that he has the real thing near him. Talk about what your likes and dislikes are, try to talk about new ways for lovemaking, this may be embarrassing but it's certainly worth trying.

Good luck and best wishes.
 dsjeya - Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:57 am

if u can find what kind of porn he is intrested from history of computer,u can decide whther u can satisfy his expectations