Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: should i be worried about pregnancy

renee5802 - Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:04 pm

A FEW WEEKS AGO MY BOYFRIEND AND I HAD SEX. THERE WAS A PROBLEM, THE CONDOM CAME OFF. THE WHOLE TIME WE THOUGHT WE WERE PROTECTED BUT WE WERENT. NOW I AM FEELING SICK TO MY STOMACH AND I HAVE SOME MAJOR MOOD SWINGS. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT PREGNANCY? WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT BY THE CONDOM COMING OFF THAT IT COULD ALLOW SPREM TO TRAVEL THROUGH ME. AND MY BREAST ARE REALLY TENDER, BUT THEY GET LIKE THAT ON MY PERIOD. BUT I HAVE AN IRREGULAR PERIOD SO I AM NOT SURE IF NOT HAVING MY PERIOD HAS TO DO WITH ME OR PREGNANY. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Derek H, RN - Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:40 pm

Hi there,

During intercourse sometimes condoms can come off but not every time this leads to pregnancy.

The symptoms you have at present are from what you say normal during your period but again these symptoms can also be present during the first stages of pregnancy.

Best advice to you is to attend your physician or family planning centre and have a pregnancy test done . Or you can buy a home testing kit from your local pharmacy so that you can carry out the test yourself without anyone else knowing.
This way you can be sure one way or the other. However if you carry out a home pregnancy test and the result is negative you really should see your physician just to be sure as some home kits can give false readings.

Good luck and best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us