Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Undescended testicles?

 firebird - Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:48 am

Dear Sir,

I am a 21 year old male from India. I am 5 feet 6 inches tall and am the tallest in my family. My problem is that i am extremely thin and have very little (nearly no) facial hair. I weigh only 52kg and do not have enough weight for my height. Eventhough i ejaculate normally i have noticed that one of my testicles is slightly higher in level compared to the other. I have only recently read about the condition called 'undescended testicles' and now i suspect i may be suffering from one.

Eventhough i am 21, i look like a child and many mistake me for one. Would i need hormonal treatment? What doctor should i be consulting? Please reply. i am undergoing great mental stress due to this...

thank u.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:07 pm

User avatar Most men have different shaped testicles, that hang at different lengths. Most men do not have symetrical testicles.
If the testicle was undescended, it would not be outside the body at all.
Undescended testicles are common in male babies, and usually are treated early. If it goes undected until adulthood, that testicle will not be able to produce sperm, also, an undescended testicle is more prone to tumors. Moving the testicle to the scrotum usually will not help with the ability to produce sperm. Usually in adults with undescended testicles, the testicle is just removed.

In your case, I do not think that an undescended testicle would be causing your slow maturing. I htink you should see a doctor to discuss possibilities of why you are not putting on weight properly, and if hormone treatments are nessary.
 firebird - Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:54 am

Ok which doctor should i be consulting..? a sexologist.?
 guest23 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:08 am

No, an Urologist.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us