Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Am I going into menopause now

amicyco2 - Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:04 am

I'm 43yrs old and have been menstrating since the age of 10 on a pretty regular schedule of every 28 to 32 days, but lately its taking 52 to 58 days before I start and I'm concerned I may be going into menopause. I haven't had any children yet even though I've been checked out and all is normal and I still want to try and have kids, but fear its too late now. My hormone levels are normal so I don't understand why it takes so long to get my period and when it comes I'm miserable due to severe cramps. Is this the end for me? I am a heavy weighted person and wonder if my weight has something to do with it. Too embarrassed to see my gyno due to my size to get checked out.

Thank you
 medicalman - Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:11 am

it could be peri-menopause... that means the starting of menopause.....
if i were u (still wanting to have kids) i wold go to my ob/gyn doctor right away... as u are right.. time is short
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:49 pm

User avatar Weight can make it harder to concieve. It you want to start trying to become pregnant, you should see your doctor to talk to him about a weight loss program.
Don't be afraid to see your doctor due to your size. They don't care, they just want to help you become healthy. You need to get cjecked out and cleared for any problems you may have before trying to concieve.