Question: ED + lack of desire - could it be something serious?

strangely42 - Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:40 pm

For the past 3 months or so my bf (aged 34) has been suffering some sexual problems. He has both lack of desire (he says sex seems distant to him) and is no longer getting erections (or very very rarely). I don't know if one is the cause of the other or they are both a symptom of something specific.

We are not having any emotional problems, he is still very attracted to me etc and claims he has no "issues" that he can think of. He's not stressed or overworked.

He is longer waking with morning erections and even with the use of porn, is unable to masturbate. There was one occassion where he woke with an erection which we made use of, however when he orgasmed only the tiniest amount of semen came out (and only after his orgasm had finished and he milked his penis).

This has me all very worried as it seems to me it must be something physical (especially as he previously had a very healthy sex drive etc), and we have tried several things including taking zinc and ginseng, to no avail. I cannot convince him to see a doctor as he says it's just "one of those things" and he's sure it will come right by itself. Can anyone advice me does it sound like something physical? Something serious?

He has no other health problems that we are aware of. (no obvious signs of diabetes, heart disease etc)
 dsjeya - Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:26 pm

desire but no erection organic
no desire,no erection psychological depression