Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Bruised penis

 john17 - Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:02 am

Three days ago while engaging in foreplay with my girlfriend, I experienced a pain in my penis and a subsequent "crack" sound that followed. I hadn't inserted my penis in her, but it was rubbing between her legs from behind. It felt like my penis was double-jointed when it make the "cracking" noise. I tried to put a condom on so that we could have sex, but we didn't end up having sex due to the discomfort. The following day we had sex, but it was strange for me because it was a little bit sore and I didn't think anything of it. Now today, 3 days after the incident, I noticed that my penis has a very sizable bruise on the top side of my penis along the length (bruise measuring about 2 in x 1 in). I can get an erection, but it is quite sore.
Is this something i should be concerned about? What kind of damage could I have done, if any? Many thanks, John.
 dsjeya - Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:57 pm

the penis is also made of skin and soft tissues,so lubrication is must,nature will provide if u indulge in foreplay othterwise a lubricant apply on your penis,enjoy
 sleifer282 - Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:55 am

hey man,

this has happened to me as well! I left it for a week with no sex and checked on it every 2 days or so and the bruise faded as did the discomfort. One relieving thing I did was i gently applied cold water to it with my finger.

You should be fine

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us