Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: blocked fallopian tubes

chards - Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:06 am

I was diagnosed about 5years ago with blocked fallopian tubes to which i had tubal surgery which was unsuccessful so my next option was ivf to which i would receive it 3 times on the nhs, my 1st attempt at ivf was a success and i had a daughter in 2004, i am just wondering is there any chance i could conceive naturally or would i be accepted again for another course of ivf, if neither of these is there anything else u can suggest i try please i am desperate for some answers.
 Shelly S, RN - Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:05 pm

Its hard to say if you could or could not conceive naturally. I know you mentioned that the tubal surgery was not successful. Some questions I have are, how long did you try to conceive after surgery before turning to IVF? Have you been actively trying to conceive recently?

I noticed you live in Scotland, and I am not sure if there are certain regulations with IVF there. In the USA, I have know several people who have had more than one IVF done and had more than one IVF baby. I don't see why you could not have another.

Best of luck to you with everything.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us