Forum Name: Fertility

Question: blocked fallopian tubes

chards - Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:06 am

I was diagnosed about 5years ago with blocked fallopian tubes to which i had tubal surgery which was unsuccessful so my next option was ivf to which i would receive it 3 times on the nhs, my 1st attempt at ivf was a success and i had a daughter in 2004, i am just wondering is there any chance i could conceive naturally or would i be accepted again for another course of ivf, if neither of these is there anything else u can suggest i try please i am desperate for some answers.
 Shelly S, RN - Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:05 pm

Its hard to say if you could or could not conceive naturally. I know you mentioned that the tubal surgery was not successful. Some questions I have are, how long did you try to conceive after surgery before turning to IVF? Have you been actively trying to conceive recently?

I noticed you live in Scotland, and I am not sure if there are certain regulations with IVF there. In the USA, I have know several people who have had more than one IVF done and had more than one IVF baby. I don't see why you could not have another.

Best of luck to you with everything.