Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Orgasm Problem

 RaYnE - Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:29 am

Hello, I am 19yrs old and my gf asked me to ask a Doctor about a little problem i have. We have only had sex once but have been doing everything else for quite some time but.. my problem is i CAN"T climax. I have before, but i've had sex 600+ times and i have only climaxed about 10 times, if that. I don't know what to do. I've tried thinking about things that would arouse me, tried focusing on ejaculating, and my most desperate i've even had to revert to porno. I can go for about 2.5+ hours without climaxing. I can get to the point where i KNOW i can but it won't go. I don't' know what to do. i also am a little too shy about actually going to a dr. about it.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:13 am

User avatar First, you may want to see a doctor to rule out any medical problems, but I doubt you have any problems, since you have climaxed in the past.
I would be inclined to say that this issue is a reslut of the stress you are under to climas.T
The more pressure you are under to have an orgasm, the harder it is to acutally have one.
I would suggest you stop worrying about it, stop trying, stop thinking about it. Then, start with foreplay, have your girlfriend tease you until right before you start to climax. Then stop for a minute, get things under control again, and do it over, have her tease you right to the point, but not over it. Do this several times, or during sex, stop right before you feel it, then finally allow yourself to release.
most importantly, stop worrying about it, that is probably the number one reason it won't happen.

Make sure that you have talked to your girlfriend about safe sex and birth control.
 RaYnE - Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:37 am

Thanks, i guess i am going to have to see a Doctor. We have done foreplay, i honestly love it. We usually do that for a few hours before sex, between sessions, and afterwards....and i don't know if its because IM thinking about it. She keeps saying "Youre never going to cum" and she gets sad. I just don't want her to be sad anymore. If i do choose to go to a doctor how would i contact one for this kind of problem?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:45 pm

User avatar See your family doctor. He will refer you to a specialist if nesessary.

As I said, the more you worry about not having one, the more likely that you won't.
You need to remove all the stress...have sex for the pleasure, not for the orgasm, and you will probably be suprised that it will happen without trying.
 guest23 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:47 am

Does varicocele affect your ability to have orgasm?.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:27 am

User avatar I don't think so. It just causes infertility.

Because of the impaired circulation of blood created by a varicocele, the blood does not cool as it does normally. The increased temperature of the blood raises the temperature of the testes, which is believed to contribute to infertility, as heat can damage or destroy sperm. The increased temperature may also impede production of new, healthy sperm.
 guest23 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:31 am

I'm 19 yrs old now and it's been almost 4 yrs since I had a varicocele. I had approached an urologist and had surgically removed it just a couple of days ago. In my previous teenage years I masturbate a lot, about 3-4 times a day. And i can have a normal orgasm, i had no problem with my erection. i never had sex in my entire life yet. but since I had a varicocele, I had problem having orgasm and erection and even having sexual desire. And i had problem on ambulating, my legs feels heavy and sometimes I feel pain on my lower back and i always feel sleepy and easily get tired. What do you think is my disease?
 tramp33 - Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:22 am

Could you perhap's tell me what a condition knowen as a hydroseal in men is? I was diagnosed as suffering from this male problem and schedualed for surgery to have it corrected but the surgen called off the operation on the day it was meant to take place. He told me the problem could be cured by a healthy diet and excercise and that were I a younger man just hoping to begin a family he would have performed surgery on me but not at my age.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us