Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: loss of virginity

Sonikuri - Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:29 am

Hi, im 17 and have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2 and half years. I lost my virginity to him. Since my background is indian loosing my viginty can cause a lot issues later on in my life. Is there any form of virginity replacement through surgery?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:48 pm

User avatar There is a type of surgery called Hymenoplasty (Hymen Reconstruction) that can repair and recreate the hymen to a "pre-sexual" state.
This is a cosmetic surgery, so it is not covered by any insurance.
 CCCP - Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:58 pm

I just wanted to mention that the myth about a virgin always bleeding her first time is exactly a myth. The surgery is there, but hopefully your culture understands that a virgin may not necessarily bleed. If this is the case, you are the only one who needs to know the truth.
 tonyia18 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:55 pm

WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS WHEN ASKING THIS QUESTION NOT TO BE MEAN OR NOTHING..
NO ONCE YOU LOOSE YOUR VERGINITY THERE IS NO WAY OF GETTING IT BACK. YOU HAVE TO GET OVER ITS DONE AND OVER .. IT CANT BE THAT BIG OF A WORRY YOU HAVE BEEN WITH THE GUY FOR TO YEARS. BUT ITS A GOOD THING THAT YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT YOU DID BECAUSE THAT MEANS YOUR MATURE AND CARE ABOUT MAKING THE RIGHT DECSIONS WITH YOUR BODY AND BELIEFS...
I PROMISE YOU WILL BE OK. I WAS BORN AND RAISED BAPTIST WERE NOT SUPOSE TO HAVE SEX UNTIL WE ARE MARRIED, AND I BELIEVE THATS HOW IT SHOULD BE BUT I DID NOT WAIT. AND I AM OK.
 tonyia18 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:58 pm

YES THERE MIGHT BE A SURGERY BUT, YOU STILL HAD SEX MEANING YOU ARE NOT A VIRGIN, THAT MUST MAKE YOUR INSIDE STRUCTURE THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE YOU LOST YOUR VIRGINITY. THE SURGERY IS LIKE LIEING AND SAYING YOU NEVER HAD SEX AND YOU DID, ITS JUST A COVER UP.... AND I THOUGHT MOST WOMEN DID BLEED WHEN THEY LOST THERE VIRGINITY.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:14 am

User avatar Women don't always bleed when they lose their virginity because not all women still have a hymen when they have sex the first time. The hymen can break from exercise, tampon use, or many other things years before the first sexual intercourse takes place.