Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Bumps (Warts?!?) IN my vagina

obsession2917 - Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:09 pm

As I was in the shower the other night, i was washing myself when I felt bumps INSIDE my vagina. I don't have any on the outside. I have always been "rough" down inside my vagina but I never thought that there was actual bumps there before. These bumps don't hurt and their the same color as the rest of my vagina (I used a mirror and managed to see some). So you think that these could be genital warts? What else could they be?
 JenevaRN - Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:28 pm

Your suspicions may be right - Genital warts- caused by the human papillomavirus (or HPV) usually appear as soft, moist, pink, or flesh-colored swellings, usually in the genital area. They can be raised or flat, single or multiple, small or large, and sometimes shaped like cauliflower. They can appear on the vulva, in or around the vagina or anus, on the cervix, and on the penis, scrotum, groin, or thigh.
Typically, the warts are diagnosed by a visual inspection. Treatments are usually medications applied to visible warts or possilbe revoval or visible warts - while there is no cure, it usually disappears in time in most women. The main thing you need to be concerned with is the link between HPV and cancer. Cervical cancer has been linked to HPV virus.
My advice is to see your Gynecologist ASAP. Make sure you get a pap smear and continue to get follow-up pap smears. Early detection is lifesaving.
In the mean time, make sure you are taking all of the proper precautions during sexual activity, as HPV is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that can easily be spead. By the way, men can get it too.
 obsession2917 - Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:32 pm

Actually, I went to the gyno... and she said that they arn't warts.. Its just rough. she said many women have that problem...