Question: Weak Erections, Mild Pain and Over Masterbation

Grinch - Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:49 pm

I used to masturbate a lot during my teenage years, several times a day I am now in my early twenties and my frequency is about once a day or once every two or three days. However in the last year or so I've noticed a significant shrinking in penis size; and noticeably weak erections; I don't always wake up with them. Also from time to time I have a mild pain around my testicles and the lower shaft of my penis; it's more like an uncomfortable pressure than an actual pain, it usually when I’m sitting down at my desk or something.

I've been reading websites talking about similar symptoms involving over-masturbation but they are usually trying to sell me something; could one of you doctors give me some suggestions as to what it could be and more importantly what I may do to correct it?

For the record, I have no STD’s and saw a urologist about this problem and tested negative in all of the tests he scheduled for me. I do not use drugs or steroids and have not had any physical trauma in the area; there is a history of high cholesterol in my family but I have not been tested myself.
 dsjeya - Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:15 am

see the sex orgsns r ready by 15 (age),to have a nomal sex one has to weight a few years
masturbation fills the void so harmless. excess masturbation leadig to shinkage of penis is not true ,weak erections r again not due to mastrubation.
shed your guilt,u may have depreesion consult a psychiatrist
 Grinch - Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:26 pm

though I'm not completly discounting depression; I feel I have a pretty healthy sexual attitude and I don't experience guilt over masterbation; I'm quite open about discussing it in fact. There is no lac of sexual desire on my part (quite the contrary) it definitly "feels" like a physical problem; my body becomes aroused but my penis is slow to react; there's usually uncomfortable pressure at the base.
 Haufer - Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:15 am

I too have had a similiar problem. In fact during my time in the service, my age being 17-21, I masturbated between 5-7 times a day. After moving in with a girlfriend of mine and having sexual intercourse on a regular basis, I noticed I still had urges to masturbate. At first I was frustrated because I felt arroused but I was not getting errect. During my sexual intercourse however, I had no problem getting errect. I talked it out with a few of my ship mates that I kept in touch with online and many shared similair expierences. One joked of a person that masturbated as a teenager only in the bathroom on the toilet. Once he became sexual active and stopped masturbating as much, he still got errections while sitting on the toilet. Im not sure if any of this was true, but it did make me think about the phycological effects masturbation. Instead of taking my problem to a proffesion, I tried a little experiment on my own. Every time I felt the urge to masturbate but was not "aroused", I did nothing. I started to notice I did not masturbate but once every two days during the first month. After two months it dropped down to once a week. After three month my masturbation was so rare that I almost forgot about my problem. It was hard at first just because I was accoustom to masturbating every time I felt the urge. So in the end, I believe my problem was more of a habbit my mind picked up, that almost like an alarm clock, told me to masturbate. I just had to unlearn it.